- The following closures at Locks 27 (due to construction activities at the lock for the new downstream protection cell) which were previously announced have been postponed due to construction delays caused by weather. The new closure dates/times are:
- January 5, 2015, 24 hour closure – Starting at 0600 for setting the template (Completed)
- January 17, 2015 – January 18, 2015, 48 hour closure – Starting at 0600 on January 17th for setting and bolting Steel Armor Plate
- January 29, 2015 – February 13, 2015, 0600-1800 closure each day for welding and completing Steel Armor Plate. The Lock will re-open each evening at 1800.
- February 14, 2015 – February 15, 2015, 0600-1800 closure both days for Placement of Stone Protection. The Lock will re-open each evening at 1800.
- A helper boat is provided by the Government during this construction period for North bound approaches to the main lock in order to protect the areas of construction and keep the lock open.
- Per previous Navigation Notice the Lock 27 Auxiliary Lock will remain closed through 20 March 2015 for repairs to embedded steel.
- All navigation interest should be alert for, and abide by, any special instructions that may be issued by the Lockmaster.
FOR THE DISTRICT ENGINEER:
Andrew C. Schimpf, P.E.
Rivers Project Manager