- The remaining closures at Locks 27 (due to construction activities at the lock for the new downstream protection cell) are delayed due to extreme cold weather and ice conditions in the river. The current schedule is as follows:
- February 20th 2015, 12 hour closure, from 0600 to 1800 – Complete bolts on Armor Plate.
- The work schedule is being updated and future closures will be published by amendment.
- A helper boat is provided by the Government during this construction period for North bound approaches to the main lock in order to protect the areas of construction and keep the lock open.
- Per previous Navigation Notice the Lock 27 Auxiliary Lock will remain closed from through 20 March 2015 for repairs to embedded steel.
- All navigation interest should be alert for, and abide by, any special instructions that may be issued by the Lockmaster.
Andrew C. Schimpf, P.E.
Rivers Project Manager