- USACE Floating Plant will be performing geotechnical soil borings at mile 51.9 UMR, riverward of the Merriweather Pump Station outfall, in the vicinity of the Cape Girardeau City Riverfront. Project Map attached for reference.
- Borings will be performed daily starting on 20 April 2015 and ending on 29 April 2015. Work hours will be from 0600 hours to no later than 2100 hours.
- During work hours, Floating Plant may extend up to 125 feet riverward of the bankline.
- During non-work hours, Floating Plant will be moored upstream of the worksite at the Cape Girardeau City Riverfront.
- Floating Plant will consist of the USACE M/V Grand Tower, Fisher Crane and Spud Barge, and drilling barge.
- The contact vessel will be the USACE M/V Grand Tower and can be reached on VHF channels 13 and 16 for passing or special instructions.
- Mariners are urged to transit at their slowest safe speed to minimize wake and proceed with caution after passing arrangements have been made.
Merriweather_Outfall (Work Area)
FOR THE DISTRICT ENGINEER:
Andrew C. Schimpf, P.E.
Rivers Project Manager