- Revetment operations were suspended in June due to high river stages. Mobilization of floating plant will start on 30 July 2015, with rock placement beginning on 3 August 2015. The revised completion date is 30 September 2015. Details of the revetment operations are as follows.
- Widman Construction and subcontractor Massman Construction will be performing revetment maintenance, placing rip rap on the Chain of Rocks Canal West Levee, from Locks 27 to mile 194.2 UMR. Performance of work shall cause no impact to Navigation or Lock operation. Additional information on the Floating Plant, to be used on the project, are identified below.
- Floating Plant with minimum 200 TN Crane shall be staged along the shoreline of the Chain of Rocks West Levee upstream of Lock and Dam 27. Floating Plant shall be relocated to multiple staging positions during the performance period to allow for placement of stone on the Chain of Rocks West Levee. Floating Plant shall consist of one Crane Barge (100′ x 45′) and two Rock Barges (195’x35’EA). Barges shall be staged no more than two barges wide.
- Floating Plant consisting of one Tow Boat and five rock barges shall be transporting stone from quarries to the Chain of Rocks West Levee continuously during the performance period. Loaded barges shall be staged along the shoreline of the Chain of Rocks West Levee upstream of Lock and Dam 27. Rock
Barges are approximately (120’x35’EA).
- Floating Plant with Crane – Marine Vessel (Al Goult). Boat Pilot: Steve Pohlman. Radio Channel 13.
- Floating Plant transporting stone – Marine Vessel (Keith Jacobson). Boat Pilot: Dan Eilerman. Radio Channel 13.
- All navigation interest should be alert for, and abide by, any special instructions that may be issued by the
FOR THE DISTRICT ENGINEER:
Andrew C. Schimpf, P.E.
Rivers Project Manager