- The remaining closures at Locks 27 (due to construction activities at the lock for the new downstream protection cell) are scheduled as follows:
- February 3rd and 4th 2015, 48 hour closure, Starting at 0600 on February 3rd – Setting and Bolting Steel Armor Plate.
- February 6th through 9th 2015, 12 hour closure (each day), from 0600 to 1800 – Installing Armor Plate Additional Lower Bolts.
- February 18th through March 7th 2015, 12 hour closure (each day), from 0600 to 1800 – Welding and Completing Steel Armor Plate and Placement of Stone Protection.
- A helper boat is provided by the Government during this construction period for North bound approaches to the main lock in order to protect the areas of construction and keep the lock open.
- Per previous Navigation Notice the Lock 27 Auxiliary Lock will remain closed from through 20 March 2015 for repairs to embedded steel.
- All navigation interest should be alert for, and abide by, any special instructions that may be issued by the Lockmaster.
Andrew C. Schimpf, P.E.
Rivers Project Manager